Thursday, January 28, 2010

Inspiration & Ideas

Some things that inspire me, past and present:

JunkMarket Style (www.junkmarketstyle.com) - Sue Whitney's web site devoted to transforming junk into eclectic, fun stuff. "Reduce, reuse, recycle, and repurpose."

Auctions, flea markets, trash-picking - Anyplace where things can be found cheap and loaded with potential.

HOBNOB Design (www.hobnob-design.com) - My friend Angela's company that began with making one-of-a-kind handbags from vintage materials, and has grown to a full-service design business. She has inspired me in many ways over the years, and I admit I have copied a lot of things I've seen in her home into my own home. Her sense of color and style is impeccable.

Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog (www.sundancecatalog.com) - I love everything - the clothes, the jewelry and the home stuff. It's pricey, but very cool.

Uncommon Goods (www.uncommongoods.com) - Unique items made from artisans and crafters, much of it recycled and repurposed.

Catskill Farms (www.thecatskillfarms.com) - My brother's company that builds homes in the Catskills. He started his company from the ground up, and he continues to grow and expand each year. His designs are simple with a clean aesthetic, and strict attention to detail. My dream is to live in one of his homes, but I have to convince my husband to move to the Catskills first. I'm really proud of him. He's an amazing visionary and artist.

Herman Miller Classics (www.hermanmiller.com/Collections/Modern-Classics) - These pieces work no matter where you put them. Yes, I work for Herman Miller, but I love the Classics on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment