Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Home Improvement Plans for 2010

This year, I am making a concerted and ambitious effort to make some changes and improvements in our home. Almost all of these projects are relatively small and things I can do myself. Not many will require hiring professionals, but then again, you never know. I have a huge book full of ideas and pictures from magazines, as well as a notebook with lists of things that need to be done. Some are decorative, some are necessary maintenance, some are both. I love working on our house, but I have a little problem with follow-through. The last 5% is the hardest for me to finish, no matter how big or small the project.

Our house is about 120 years old, and in the middle of a row of four in Phoenixville, PA. It is 1600 square feet, 3 floors, 4 bedrooms, one bath, a basement, and a nice backyard. I bought the house in 2001, and it was a complete fixer-upper. Three years later, Chris moved in, and we have been there ever since.

In 2010, I am starting from the top, and completing each room before I move on to the next.

12 areas of the house in 12 months. Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. This is exciting! I can't wait to see how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the great blogs; I assure you that I really enjoyed a lot in reading. Ardene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all details that you give in your articles. MELINA

    ReplyDelete