Monday, April 5, 2010

April
























In hopes of getting my mojo back, I am posting a few pictures of the things I am most proud of and happy about in our home.

February and March were a little rough for the Mulvi-sheims, but Spring has sprung, and all good things lurk just ahead. April's plan is the backyard - utilizing our outdoor space as it should be used. Problem is the cats, and their insistence on getting out of open doors. I think it actually hinders us from going outside. So that "issue" has to be part of the plan.

Pictures (clockwise):
-This cabinet was built for my bedroom when I was about 10 by a high school kid my Mom worked with. It was his final shop project or something. I chose my kitchen colors around this cabinet. The bottom shelving was trash-picked, painted, and tiled to match the island.
-My step-mother had two of these old ladders. My brother fashioned a pot rack out of one for her, and when I saw it, I decided to to the same thing. It's perfect above the island.
-These kitchen drawers that had to be removed when we installed a dishwasher. They are painted and now in my room on the 3rd floor.
-I made this TV stand from an old cabinet that was in the basement when I bought this house. I built the shelves and gave it a distressed paint job (not my favorite technique, but it was right for this piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment